Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Joe's Apartment | Cockroaches




Joe's Apartment is a comedy, romance, and animated movie starring Joe O'Connell and Megan Ward. The movie about cockroaches was released by Warner Bros. Pictures Distribution directed by John Payson.

Fresh off the bus from Iowa, Joe is just trying to make it in New York, but he's got no job, he's got no girl and, worst of all, he's got no place to live. However, life's about to change for Joe. He finds an apartment--a slummy, squalid, seedy little box of a place, but it's a pad he can call his own... or so he thinks. It seems that not all of the apartment's former tenants have packed up and moved away. Joe discovers that he's living with 50,000 roommates, an army of six-legged "go-go-go" Joe supporters, a veritable nation of roaches, there to stand arm-in-arm-in-arm-in-arm-in-arm-in-arm with their guy Joe in his times of need--whether he likes it or not. And what's more, these roaches don't just think and talk... they dance and sing! They're around to teach Joe what life's really all about in the big city: sex, bugs and rock 'n' roll.
For me, cockroaches are the creepy crawlies I hate the most. I hate their looks, their spiny legs, and their sickening smell. I really can't tolerate their presence. The sight of them really freaks me out that I always ends up finding myself holding up a slipper ready to smash them to death.

Pardon my cruelty towards these pests but even if they are the last of the animal kingdom on earth, I would never ever want to be with them.

I think the movie
Joe's Apartment wants to show the "cute" side of the roaches. But for me, eewwww......

No comments:

Post a Comment